~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cookbooks and Dolls

I have finally finished these little dolls. There were a few prototypes till I got them looking the way I wanted. They come with their own little tissue lined boxes. They have been called Daphne Dolls, by my sister. I'm not very good with names I'm afraid and a quick phone call last to her saw them more appropriately named. I had just been calling them Dilly's!

Did these cookbook covers over the weekend for Warm Thatchams kitchen. They are mostly from early 1900's through to the 1940's. I just made them with balsa as the body of the book. I have also made up a printout of magazine covers from the same era and I'll post them up when I get a chance to clean it up a bit. I do love scouring the net for hours finding vintage material. So much artistry!! No computer graphic programs for designers back then.

9 comments:

  1. The 'Daphne' looks fantastic! And those printies, cool - can be making the books when the herringbone fireplace drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the little dolls! Thanks for sharing the cover books.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, how sweet are those dolls!!! =D
    Thank you for the book covers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little dolls made me smile Carrie, very clever! Love the books, so kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dolls in their boxes and old books, very charming. congratulations and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, just lovely! Love their pastel shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books are wonderful...and a few will likely end up in my 1920s Heritage kitchen. :D Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete