~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Quick Hello

Helloooo! I am still here. Been very busy or rather I think I am just slowing down!! Argh! I thought I would just take a couple of pics (poor light sorry!) of what I have been doing in between boring stuff. Think I am working on three houses at the moment. As I work on a house and get to a point where I get stuck I have found the best way for me to get unstuck is to work on something completely different. Once I get stuck on project 2 I have forgotten completely what the problem was with project 1 and I go and work on it. Does become a bit of a problem when I get stuck on projects 1 and 2. That is when project 3 happens. Half scale Fairfield, one of my own house designs and the Glencroft. Swore I would never do the Glencroft. It big. But it came up cheap on Ebay from an Aussie seller no less so I must haves it!! Also had the Beacon Hill!! Madness I know but what a challenge!!!! It is currently lurking under the lounge. The Glencroft has actually been quite a lot of fun and for me one of the eaiser Greenleaf houses to put together. Wish there were more pics in the instructions/destructions though. I didn't get any more pics of the Fairfield sorry. Rainy Spring weather doesn't offer much sunlight for good photos. I found an older one, I have done much more since. I only managed to get pretty grainy pics of the other two. I will get some more.







Longbourne. I got stuck on exterior colours here and lighting as well. What I was going to use turned out not to be quite what I thought or am I just overthinking (most likely to be the problem) and so I got stuck. Switch projects!


Fairfield. I have loved working on this house. Just love it. I only have one pic. I thought I had others sorry but I will get some more. Fireplace is a kit from RedCottageMiniatures. Shannon's kits are probably the best I have come across. Fantastic fit and detail. I love this fireplace! I have many other kits of hers, most I have made up and will take more pics when the sun comes back. This little house went through so many wallpapers. Most got ripped off which leaves an amahzing scruffy finish which I have for the most part left. Glad I print them out myself. $$$$$! Eek! I am pretty sure I have made all the right wall covering choices now. Maybe... It were I got stuck. Switching projects again.



Ah Glencroft, the house I was never going to do. I have gone for a lighter Tudor look. William Morris papers and fabric as well. Didn't know arsenic was used to make the green in wallpapers and made so many people ill! It very early days yet. Lots more to do. Am working on the staircase now and it went together way to easy. Got me worried. Will get some more pics too. Not stuck on this one....yet. Whohooo!!! I do want to make working windows and that may get me stuck.



Thought I would throw in a couple of photos from a quick school holiday weekend away at our favourite beach getaway. Talented local made the mandala. We got down there just in time to see it before the not so distant thunder made us realize the beach is not the best place to be during a storm. A mad dash back to camp to sit it out. Went back to the beach to see the storm head out to sea. Then in typical Aussie Spring fashion the sun came out and it was hot and humid. Enough time for a quick dip. Lovely day.

 Cheers and hooroo and don't behave yourselves too much!!! Carriexx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, I was excited when I saw that there was a new post from you- YIPEEE! :D
    I have made the Glencroft before and I loved doing it, however the tiny peek at the beginnings of yours is quite Tantalizing so it's plain to see that we are in for yet another AMAZING PROJECT or Two... or Three from you and I can hardly wait! ♥

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie. So happy to see your post. You are doing such wonderful work! The atmosphere in each build is so distinctive.
    Elizabeth did an amazing Glencroft (before digital cameras) and her cottage won at the Seattle Show that year!
    I was so sad the day she said she dismantled it due to damage sustained while it was stored in her garage.
    Looking forward to more posts ... your weather should be brighter soon so just “point and shoot”!
    The beach Mandela was lovely - at first glance I thought the soldier crabs had gone arty!
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie! It is wonderful to see what you are up to! The projects look gorgeous, every one! I have the same strategy as you do about what to do when stuck.... with perhaps less focus! Lol! None of my houses are done... and I also have a Glencroft waiting in the wings still in the box! I love the soft and worn look you achieve and I adore the blue in the first pictures! I hope you will post more pictures soon... it is so inspiring to see such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carrie,
    It is wonderful to see a new post. I just love what you are doing to these kits. The lighter Glencroft is lovely and I am amazed at the Fairfield. I love the beautiful design and accuracy of detail you can accomplish in half scale. The first pictures of your own design are stunning. I love that shade of blue. The Fairfield floor is also lovely. I hope you will not stay away too long. I always love and admire your projects.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Carrie - I think this is the first post that I've seen from you, since I'm a fairly new follower. But I love your work that I've found on Etsy, so I was excited to see this new post. I like the idea of a lighter Tudor style for the Glencroft - and I love the striking blue that you've used in the house that you designed. ALL your houses are lovely. I've never had quite enough confidence to build from a kit, so I was surprised to see that you're working on three all at once. YIKES! My admiration is unbounded! I'm looking forward to future posts.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carrie
    You made me laugh out loud when you got to mentioning project 3 - I think we all face the dreaded hurdle of "getting stuck" in a project. Having one or more backup projects on the side is a great idea, I just don't know if I'd ever get the first one finished! I'm so slow! Ha ha
    Having said that, I have always loved the houses you are working on and hope to have a Glencroft of my own one day. Finding one at a reasonable price is not easy.
    Big hugs
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie. LOVE all these! I have had your blog open on my ipad since you posted this, and just keep going back to look! Thanks for the lovely comments on my kits! It is great that they have worked so well for you and also that you were kind enough to say so on your blog. Your houses all look AMAZING and I couldn’t pick a favourite. Although I too am partial to the Glencroft, as you may see from my Black Walnut cottage kit! I am also pleased to see you also have multiple large projects on the go at once. But I find having a break from them can help with creativity and getting the exact finish I want. Can’t wait to see more! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your home building and beach scenes, reminds me of our beaches here in Victoria BC Canada and up Island.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Carrie! Several simultaneous projects do not make the work faster, but give the opportunity to take a break and think. You have wonderful houses! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete