~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Bit of a Georgian Manor.

Good day!! Life does what it does and got in the way (many times!!) so it has taken me sooo much longer than I had anticipated to get back to this project. Much argh over the colour of the door but the deep red won out. Thankfully I was able to pull out the top pin holding the door in place and take it out to paint it, that made it a lot easier. I also used the same colour to dye the white roses I had. I am selling this one and it will be in my shop. To stage it I used furniture from my other houses. La Luce and Thatcham. Although the kitchen walls are just screaming out for shelves filled with preserves and tins and all other such wonderful cluttery stuff. 






Took a bit of hunting to find some willow for the rose vine. Did find some eventually, I had to pull a wreath apart to get to it. For the leaves I used a rose leaf punch on green tissue. To stop it from getting caught in the punch I cut several layers at a time. I didn't separate them but sometimes the top would part a little and gives a wonderful floaty leaf look. Added little new shoot buds on some of the branches. I had a stack of white paper roses so I dyed them in the same colour as the door. I watered the paint down and dipped them in. Hung them to dry. Squished some of them to make them look like they have almost finished flowering. 











The kitchen is not large but a lot can be done with it. I'm not a huge fan of large kitchens, ( in real life as well, long as there is a dishwasher!)  means more stuff to fill it!!








Thank you for looking and be well!!!

Hooroo, Carriexxx


21 comments:

  1. What a deligthful house! The outside is as beautiful as the inside.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that windowed door to the bathroom, as if the room was originally a porch that had been enclosed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks sooo livable Carrie and what a good idea to stage the rooms to show how they can be furnished for the prospective buyer.
    I adore all of the woodwork and the interior and exterior colors you've selected.
    And the Red Door with the Climbing Red Roses make ideal companions for this compact Georgian House.
    I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks chocolate-box perfect! Well done, Carrie.
    I really love the blue sitting room, the shade is so welcoming and cosy. I chucked at your comment about kitchens and a dishwasher - you're amongst friends on that count 😉
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Una casa muy linda, el rosal perfecto.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful, Carrie! I love the red door and the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Se ve preciosa la casa,has elegido unos tonos muy bonitos y acogedores,la fachada preciosa con ese rosal trepador!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Carrie! Looks like it could be the gate house or gardener’s cottage in a large estate. Your rose vine looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Carrie,
    I5t is gorgeous. I love the front door. the red is beautiful and the architectural detail in the door case is fantastic! I am in love with the blue in the main room on the ground floor.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just spent some quiet time this Saturday morning enjoying looking at your pictures of this house. Thank you. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Carrie - What a treat to see the photos of the completed Georgian Manor. It's a beautiful house, both inside and out. The bathroom wallpaper is a great choice, as is the luscious blue color that you've used in the sitting room. But you've surpassed yourself in painting the door and the roses that perfect dark red. I love the exterior of the manor - I LOVE those climbing red roses!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  12. it seems to be a real treat dear i love this beautifull house..

    https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. J'adore particulièrement le salon bleu. Les roses donnent vie à cette ravissante maison!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love the atmosphere you have created with this project! It is so peaceful and inviting! The red door is gorgeous! And I love the smoky blue walls of the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual, your work is incredible! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. did you bought a dollhouse kit or did you made every from scrash I just learnt that miniature stuff has been going on from way back in the early 1800 and I never knew about it until now i just started making miniature stuff in 2016 and let me tell you its a lot of fun doing it and when you see the what you just finish making you won't believe that you just made it lol any way please check out my new video
    http://youtu.clickable.cards/73IRx

    ReplyDelete