~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday, January 17, 2013

Time for Dressing!!

The last room, the ground floor shop, has finally been completed!! Wohoo!!! Of course the lights I bought worked during every test but chose to fail as I was about to install them. Of course!! Yay to my stash and hoarding habits a new one was found although it was considerably de-brassed. so shiny. But anyways it now means I can start dressing rooms up. Painting up furniture and all that fun stuff. That's where I hit the wall. It had been so long since I had played dress-ups I had quite forgotten how to do it. Also had forgotten where all the goodies I have been buying for the last 18 months ended up. Woe! So four hours later I mostly sort off finished up the we laundry/washroom in the Maison. Four hours!! Argh, I did find most of the goodies though. Anyway it's a start so I can see what else needs doing.

The hanging clothes dryer thingy actually worked. I'm still stunned and I walk into my workroom every morning fully expecting to see it in a matchstick heap on the floor. I had no idea what I was doing and just went an old images of the real thing. 


 For folded linen I mostly used heavy paper towel and loo paper. It's all so lovely now and smells pretty.

 The box of Paris memories I bought from Teruka on Etsy.


I love these colours!!
Thanks for stopping by, be safe. Carriexx


22 comments:

  1. May I please come live with you? Your house is so charming!
    Actually, I am happy where I live, but Australia is an amazing place.
    I'm just a California girl living my dream for a very long time now!
    I need to stop by your doll blog too!
    I feel for Australia and hope the fires subside soon.
    Take care,
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think I did mention before that my oldest daughter's name is Lavender...and I am a Nana with one grandson! Yay!
    Teresa
    at 'A Magical Whimsy'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have put so much character into those tiny spaces it looks so sweet. Good idea using folded paper towel and loo paper in the cupboard, I am sure you won't get any complaints from the residents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enchanting!
    I like the furniture in the corner; very elegant.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quelle ambiance ,c'est superbe!!!!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really full of charm and gorgeous.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carrie,
    Superb! Your rooms have a completeness about them that is just marvellous. I could look at your work all day. Wonderful work.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you decorate your rooms. I may not comment often but I never miss a post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love the style and these soft, pretty colors - I think you have just inspired the decor of my next dollhouse:)

    Cheers,

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the sort of knack for decorating that I absolutely adore! Thank you so much for those references to Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    I love how you have finished off these two rooms. And congratulations on the clothes hanger dryer thing :-)
    It looks great.

    Best wishes
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wohoo unos rincones fantásticos , me encantan , felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh! Carrie it all looks absolutely beautiful! You have a real talent for putting together exquisite little rooms!
    I must say I just adore the wallpaper, I don't think I have seen a prettier one! I really love it all!
    Hugs to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muy bonito! unas miniaturas preciosas!!
    Besos de las Malu´s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. La escena es maravillosa Carrie¡¡¡
    Todos estamos enamorados de tu buen gusto, de tu gran trabajo para las miniaturas, gracias por dejarme participar en tu trabajo con mi pequelo grano de arena¡¡¡
    Me hace muy feliz
    Un gran beso, espero ver tus progresos
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely blog, I'm following you now on

    Hugs
    Gül

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carrie, Still a huge fan of your work. I have been away from the blogs too long. Wanted to say hello. big hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi everyone and thank you oodles!! Great to hear form you all. Be safe where ever you are around the globe!!Carriexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carrie,

    Your final details look beautiful. The wash stand is really nice and I love the little cotton balls underneath. They must be tiny. Beautiful roses and mirror too. It's so nice to have a play, I spend too much time playing and not enough doing!!

    I have just done another post and have featured your plates, I think I have done better justice to them this time.

    Happy Australia Day!!

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Fi!! I'll have a look. Carriexx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Carrie! I love the atmosphere that your little space exude. They are so tranquil and inviting. This is a delightful place to come and visit, and I love laundry rooms esp. yours!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete