~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday, February 27, 2017

Little Lumiere House

       
    Good day everyone!

Having survived the Furnace of Hell that was our summer I have another house finished! Temperature records were broken in my little town not once but three times. We had a weeks worth of days well over 40'C, that's nuts!! Our highest temp being a heat index of 60'C!!! I stepped outside briefly from my comfortable temp set house to experience such extremes and I instantly desiccated. I had thought such temps were possible only if you were perched on a camel in the desert. Now just two weeks later it is cold with leaves falling of trees already and I'm looking for my long sleeves. After having spent the entire school summer holidays inside with the ac it is nice to throw open the windows and get outside though! The weather is definitely broken. 

I received a bit of interest after my first house which was very nice. If only I could make them faster! It is a very dark, wet day here along the Waterfall Way and so it was hard to get good clear photos. I made this house out of gatorboard which was a bit hard to find here in Australia and also not cheap!!! Ply and cardboard for the roof. I used a Jamestown fireplace on the lower floor. Added bits to it and it worked out better than I thought it would. It does have a red bulb inside it. I used electric lights this time and they can all be replaced if need be. I haven't glued any of the wiring into place. The lamp in the attic space can be lengthened or shortened. I've never had to replace a light before but there is always a first time for everything. I had a lamppost among my lighting stash and had to use it. I added creeping ivy to the outside walls and a vintage french advertising poster. All worn and shabby. I found an image of vintage carpet and loved the rich colours in it. So I used it in the attic space and painted the fire place there a red marble finish. Feels good to finish a project, for a variety of reasons but mostly so I can start another one!!! Off to spend an entire soggy afternoon on Pinterest!!!!














It is a little bit bigger than Vieilles.

Have a great day and be well!!!
Carriexx

22 comments:

  1. Esa luz cálida da un aspecto tan confortable a la estancia!!!! Me encanta la casa,su aspecto desgastado y vivido por el paso del tiempo!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much and a very great compliment. Thank you. Cxx

      Delete
  3. J'adore ces petites maisons patinées pat le temps!!elles sont trop jolies!!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about Personality Plus!!! I LOVE your new itty bitty French Cottage, Carrie. Your style and design skills are second to none. Both of the fireplaces are wonderfully adapted to the space and the tiny kitchenette tucked under the "suicide stairs" is historic! Everything could be straight out of a French storybook especially when this house is pictured next to its sister- "once upon a time" feels not that far away! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! High praise indeed. I love cramming as much as I can into a small space. 'Suicide stairs' love that! And they are, climbed one like once and I was terrified to get back down. Lovely to hear from you! Cxx

      Delete
  5. Hello Carrie,
    It is amazing how you create so much atmosphere and character in an unfinished house without any accessories. the detail is breathtaking and everything so well done. Bravo!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac, such words from you are greatly appreciated. I'm very thankful. Cxx

      Delete
  6. What a sweet home that captures the essence of French country living that exists in our imaginations...the building details are lovely and it invites envisioning it completed with furniture and all the bits that make a house a home! Cheers, Alayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate them, Cxx

      Delete
  7. Hi, Carrie! You roasted in the sun while we were freezing in the snow)) House charming, feel the atmosphere of comfort. It seems in this house for many years lived a happy family. I wish a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did and now we are going under with weeks of relentless rain! Thank you for lovely words!Cxx

      Delete
  8. OMG I LOVE your work...you are so talented. I wish you could mentor me. : )

    Kathe

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete