~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 8, 2011

More Pics.

I had enough light today to take some photos of the townhouse so far. It a wet Mother's Day here! I used balsa, picture framing mould and timber beading to get the architectural detail I wanted. Doing an image search on the Internet gave me plenty of ideas on how I wanted it to look.
Once glued on and set I used an old credit type card to spread on the spak. As it was setting I went over it with a small paint roller to remove any lines the card left and to give it a more stucco appearance. I applied the spak on in two layers. For the first floor stone look. I left a satay stick width between my balsa strips and glued them on. I just put the spak along the gap and just used my finger running along the top to get a nice curved look. Used the card to wipe off excess. When that was set I went over the entire lot with gesso to fill in any holes and cracks etc.
For the front I am using 9mm ply. It came in the perfect length already and for free Bunnings cut the width for me! Yay! I am hopeless with a jigsaw, much better with a hand saw but I wanted it to be perfectly cut. I'm happy and the woman at the counter gave me a chocolate for Mother's Day. Now to the task of measuring out all the windows and the front door and all the other bits! I will be putting a small sill like peice of timber out the front for the shop stairs to sit on. So the front peice will be like an L shape. As the front will be a completely separate to the rest of the house I can't put a light on the wall so I thought a Victorian style street lamp out on the footpath would be the way to go. Ruler and pencil in hand I'm off to do some measuring. Clear the kitchen table kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment